Tips for finding the perfect home
Category General News
Making the decision to buy a home is no small feat. So many variables can influence your final choice that it’s hard to know if the house is actually the perfect fit for you and your family, or if the right one is still out there.
Finding a nice house is always exciting but with such large costs at stake, you want to be absolutely sure that it’s the perfect home. Here are some hints and signs that the home you’re viewing will be the one to buy:
- The house can cater to all your needs - The perfect home will meet your requirements and will have all the facilities and features you’re looking for; the right number of rooms for each family member (plus a spare if you need), a beautiful and spacious kitchen if you’re a foodie, a pool or Jacuzzi if you like to cool off in summer and a large patio if you’re a social family. There should be ample parking if you own cars and a perfectly-sized garden if you want one.
- You can afford the house - Any nice house can be your perfect home, but you need to be realistic about the price. If you can afford the house and all the additional transfer fees, then it’s meant to be yours. If you love the house but it is just too expensive, don’t lose heart or try to push to afford it. You’ll end up hating the property if it restricts you financially for the next 20 years.
- You picture your furniture in the house - If you are able to imagine your own furniture in the rooms, this is a good sign that you want it. Picturing your life in a few years’ time in the house is also a great way to tell if you like the home.
- You feel like the home is yours before you make the offer - This is a great sign that the home is suited to you. The instant you walk into the property, you should be able to tell if it’s yours, even if you haven’t bought it yet. Don’t be disheartened if your offer is turned down as this is not likely to be the only property to make you feel this way. Keep searching until you find the one.
- You feel safe - Safety and security is a major deal in South Africa. The right house will be one where you feel secure and has all the necessary security features. Alarm systems and quick-response security teams are make-or-break features of homes for potential buyers.
- You’re excited to tell people about it - If you can’t wait to tell your friends and family that you have found an amazing home, then recognise this as a sign. Houses that don’t interest or excite are clearly not meant to be bought by you. You need to feel a flutter of happiness when you think about the property.
- You want to stop the search for homes after seeing one - After seeing an amazing property, you’ll want to end the search as anything you find no longer appeals to you. If you’re not sold on different locations and houses after seeing the perfect home, then make an offer on the one you love.
- You don’t want to leave - If you find yourself wanting to look around more than once just to prolong the viewing, then maybe the house should be yours. Similarly, if you find yourself driving past the house a few times after seeing it, then it means you want it.
- Your mind is consumed by thoughts of the property - If you find yourself constantly thinking about the house, even when you sleep, then consider putting in an offer soon. Your subconscious mind will know what it wants and will keep bringing it to the fore until you act on it.
These signs are significant in leading you to own your dream home. They don’t all need to happen at once, but knowing how to recognise them over time is going to help you find the perfect home.
Find out how you can childproof your home and keep your tiny toddler safe.
Be sure to check body corporate finances before buying an apartment.
Want to rent, buy or sell your property on the Atlantic Seaboard or in Woodstock, Cape Town? Berman Brothers Properties specialise in listing and selling your property and we have a variety of available houses, new apartments and other real estate options to ensure that you find your next dream home. Contact us on +27(0)21 439 9030 to find out more about the latest developments in area hotspots such as Woodstock, Green Point, Sea Point, Llandudno, Camps Bay or Three Anchor Bay.
Also make sure to follow us on Facebook and Google+ for the latest tips on the property industry, as well as some of the most relevant news where we unlock neighbourhoods for you. Follow us on Instagram to see some of the gorgeous images of real estate in Cape Town and to share some of your landscape pics. A-list your property with Berman Brothers Properties, where property is done properly!
Author: Berman Brothers